Have an event coming up? Exploring alternatives to sell more tickets? Had enough of pounding your head against the wall, asking yourself, “How on Earth will I find a way to sell tickets to my event?”
Don’t worry though, if you can’t afford to hire a celebrity for your event we’ve got your back with these helpful tips that are sure to give your event promotion that extra oomph and help with selling tickets online.
How to drive ticket sales for your event.
Ticket Sales Tip #1: Reward repeat customers.
- Rewarding those that attended your event last year, gives your attendees incentive to come back. Rewards invoke want and a need to not miss out on potential opportunities.
As a matter of fact e-RegisterNow has this specific feature allowing you to provide your repeat customers with rewards from discounts to give away codes, from your registration page.
Ticket Sales Tip #2: Early bird pricing.
- Applying Early bird pricing to your registration forms, is a great tactic in driving up ticket sales to your events. It gives those that already intend to attend your event a convenient discount as well as drumming up interest through word of mouth; as they will tell their friends to purchase tickets while the prices are low.
Ticket Sales Tip #3: Use Social Media.
- Not enough businesses utilize the full potential of social media. When promoting your event, social media should be seen as an limitless asset. Not only does it grant you exposure to millions of people across hundreds of different platforms. It’s a way to show your audience what you have to offer them; why your event stands out from the rest and is the next must go to show everyone will be raving about. Eliminating any future concerns on how to sell tickets to my event online you will ever have.
Ticket Sales Tip #4: Create a Hashtag.
- A hashtag lets you keep track of what people are saying about you on social media. Your attendees will feel like they are part of a group and be more motivated to get others (their friends/ family) to attend. Just remember to keep it short and simple! #musicfest2018.
Ticket Sales Tip #5: Update your social media accounts.
- Creating a social media account just isn’t enough, you need to constantly be updating it and telling your audience about your company/ events. With all the competition out there you need to be the one that shines brighter than the rest. Tease your followers with details about upcoming events, provide them with helpful information on attending the events, promote special giveaways or performers… Keep it active, with at least one short post a day. An idle page doesn’t get very many page views.
Ticket Sales Tip #6: Promote the location.
- Event promoters tend to spend all their energy and focus promoting primarily just the event. Isn’t that what they’re meant to be doing? You ask. Well yes, yet they don’t need to be promoting only the event. There is limitless potential in attracting attendees to your event when focusing on your events venue. Get your current and future attendees excited about your events by showcasing them how beautiful and spectacular the area they are held in will be? Or why not showcase past and future shows that will take place there? Or talk about historical context surrounding the location… Heck I can’t come up with all the ideas for ya!
Ticket Sales Tip #7: Ask for reviews.
- Reviews are a great way for promoting your events. They allow you to see what aspects the public/ your attendees like and dislike about your events, and is a great way of helping new potential attendees gauge the overall outlook of your company/ event.
Why not take the time right now to Review Us?
Ticket Sales Tip #8: Promote the fun!
- Let your attendees know what to expect. Hype them up on the talent, crazy attractions and out of this world opportunities they can expect when coming to your events. But don’t reveal everything to them!
Ticket Sales Tip #9: Intrigue your attendees.
- Tease them. Leave your guests guessing and longing with anticipation of what unadvertised spectacular awaits them! They’ll be ever more interested in attending your event if they have expectations of a mystery. Remember people hate missing out and love surprises!
Ticket Sales Tip #10: Invest in email marketing.
- Email marketing is much too broad to go into detail here, but there are some simple basics. Be personal, segment your lists of contacts, and most importantly, don’t spam! Mailchimp offers a great service in sending out user friendly promotional email campaigns.
*Ticket Sales Tip #11: Approach people after your event.
- Don’t be afraid of your attendees! Ask them what they thought of your event. People don’t always liked to be bothered by questions, but if they enjoyed your event they will! After All they are the ones that actually came to your event. Who better than to tell you what to improve or keep for future events?
Interested in more strategies in driving your ticket sales?
Give these a read: