5 Reasons you need a Ticketing Application Service Provider.
If you need to sell concert tickets online, the ideas below will help you think about what’s important and how to get organized. Below, we will state and examine the steps necessary for how to sell tickets online. At the end of the article, we’ll provide you with an actual concert that has used these steps and suggestions to get to market. The article will also introduce the concept of viral ticket selling. By linking a purchaser’s Facebook and/or Twitter account to the registration process, selling tickets online can go viral.
But, before outlining this great approach, which your find is cost effective and quick to market, let me give you some good reasons why you need a PCI compliant Application Service Provided Ticketing Software Solution. An Application Service Provider (ASP) is a business providing a computer-based service to customers specializing in some task, in this case in selling tickets online.
Don’t try building a ticket selling website yourself! There are too many hurdles to jump and the time and cost is steep; frankly isn’t worth it.
1. Becoming PCI Compliant is mandatory and is a lot of work. Your VISA/MC credit card acquirer will be sure to check to make sure that you are PCI compliant. Your servers and methods must follow hundreds of rules and regulations. Your computers are then scanned monthly for compliance. If you’re a large organization then expect a human assessor to visit you regularly to check to see that you are and remain compliant.
2. You’ll need a VISA/ MC merchant account in order to collect your funds. If you’re using an ASP, you will have the option to use the ASP’s merchant account (for a hefty price) or get your own merchant account from your own credit card acquirer. Either way, ticket ASP’s are in a good position to get you setup and connected to VISA & MC, so be sure to ask for their best advice.
3. You’ll need the help of a web designer in order to help make things on your website look right. For example, your tickets will need to be graphically designed and possibly a map to the venue will need to be created.
4. At the event, you’ll need an App or PC software to redeem the concert tickets. It’s not good enough to just collect the tickets from people. Tickets can too easily be copied. Scanning software makes sure that only the first ticket scanned is admitted into the show.
5. At the venue on the day of the concert you may need to setup a box office or some self serve kiosks. If you’re a large show you’ll need to offer people a chance to purchase tickets on site. Mobile ticket software is also a must, since people with mobile phones expect to be able to purchase their tickets with their phone.
How to Sell Concert Tickets Online
Here are some easy steps which will give you the ability to sell tickets online through your website in record time.
a) Go to google and type in “sell concert tickets online” and up will come over 50 ASP’s that offer the service. This step is your most important step as the success or failure of your venture may rests in which ASP service you choose. In my opinion, you want a provider whom you can easily call up on the phone to discuss issues as they arise. So look for excellent customer support. Pricing will vary dramatically. Choose an ASP with a simple pricing scheme based on the number of tickets you expect to sell.
b) The ticket software will require the following information for the setup stage
- your URL:
- concert dates:
- concert ticket pricing:
- your latest VISA/MC merchant account statement
- decide on what questions you wish to ask purchasers ( cell phone number, address, who they heard about you etc.)
c) place the ASP’s URL onto your website. Login to the ASP’s portal or backend to monitor the sale of your concert tickets in real-time.
Here is a great example of how to sell jazz tickets online:
Client: Jazz FM 91
URL: buy concert tickets (this is an example only)
Social media is fast becoming integrated into some of the best ticketing software packages. This is a good thing and something which helps promotes your event(s). For the concert promoter and planners or the show company, linking a purchaser’s social media accounts to the ticketing selling process offers some great benefits.
1. The ticket purchaser can see which of their friends are also going to the concert
2. The ticket purchaser can invite specific friends to the concert by a quick email click or a Facebook post.
3. The registration form can be pre-populated for the purchaser.
By making your purchasers advocates of your company you increase ticket sales. Check out the advocacy approach at: www.ingo.me. Don’t underestimate the “going viral” affect that advocacy can create.
The best place to sell tickets online for your events is from your own website. Be sure to choose your event ticket software vendor carefully. Selling tickets online is convenient for your followers and can be easily setup by selecting the right ticketing service. Choose wisely.