e-RegisterNow offers two options for scanning tickets at the door. The first is a PC program and the second is an iPhone Scanning App. Both the PC program and the iPhone Scanning App communicate with each other if used together allowing gate attendance to be tracked in real-time. In addition, both scanning options have the ability to run in standalone or internet connected mode. If either the PC program or app, while connected to the internet, loses connectivity, the program/app will automatically switch into standalone mode and continue uninterrupted. When the internet connection later resumes, the program/app will sync with each other continue in internet connected mode.
The PC gate redemption program below runs on a laptop as a virtual machine under VMware Player. This is done to ensure that the Java based PC program is properly installed and ready for immediate deployment at your show.
First, the VMware Player (a free download from VMware) is loaded onto the laptop. Then, the gate redemption software image is loaded. Once the virtual machine boots up, you can be sure that the software is configured correctly and ready to go.
In addition to the software, a symbol scanner is connected to the USB port of the laptop and is responsible for scanning the eTicket barcodes. Barcodes displayed on the screens of mobile phones may also be scanned right from off the screen.
If the IOS iPhone scanner app is being used along with this PC based program, the two run along side of each other and communicate their redemptions and new sales to each other.
Our PC program has been running successfully at large and small shows for over 15 years. The PC program will work
with or without internet access. This is ideal for some venues where the price to be connected to the internet is prohibitive.
In the event that a customer has forgotten his/her ticket, a search function allows the gatekeeper to query the database to locate the customer’s ticket.
Even though there’s a lot displayed on the gatekeeper’s laptop, sounds exist for each type of interaction. So if there’s a big line, the gatekeeper can just scan away without even looking at the laptop’s screen and operate by just listening for the right sound.
The IgnitionKey is like a password. This key is required in order to start up the PC gate program. Once the show is over, the ignition key can be erased from the server and all of the data contained on each laptop will automatically be erased. Erasing the data is a good idea before the laptops are returned to the rental company even though the data on each laptop is encrypted.
- the show’s logo is displayed on the main screen
- this redemption program may run in STANDALONE or INTERNET connected mode.
- if the internet connectivity disappears while the program is running in INTERNET mode, the program automatically switches to STANDALONE mode and then automatically switches back to INTERNET mode when the internet connectivity is later resumed
- purchaser information is displayed during the redemption process
- if a purchaser has lost or forgotten his/her ticket, a search will be able to locate the ticket
- the SYNC function downloads a complete inventory of the tickets both purchased and not purchased into the laptop
- the SYNC function only needs to be done once; the local inventory is maintained in case it’s needed in STANDALONE mode
The optional control panel program below may be run so that management can monitor the flow of traffic in real-time in the back office.